Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving






This week we are celabrating a holiday dedicated to giving thanks. Many people will be traveling to share this time with family, and some will be at home hosting dinner. One thing we all have in common, is whether we acknowledge it or not, we all have something to be thankful for. Some people are bursting with thankfulness, and some are not. Yet, most everyone celebrates this day for giving thanks.
This Thanksgiving I am going to my Aunt and Uncle's house for dinner. It is going to be a lot of fun. We're going to have Wii bowling tournaments, and a lot of different games. But, at the end of the day, we're still going to be thankful, thankful for the time that we got to spend together.
Then on Friday we are going shopping, on Black Friday. What are we thinkging? The after Thanksgiving sales are crazy, and this will be my first time shopping them. I used to think that it would be a lot of fun, but the past few years a lot of people have gotten hurt, so now I'm not so sure. It will be very interesting. On Saturday I am going to the Off Broadway musical, Wicked. This will be the second time that I have seen this musical. I'm excited to compare the Off Broadway, and Broadway musicals. I'm sure they're not too different, but I'm still really excited, and my mom and sister have a chance to see it too. I think I'm more excited for them than I am for me.
This Thanksgiving I have a lot to be thankful for. Like the fact that I am able to go to college, in order to get a better education. And that I have a roof over my head and food in my belly, and a family who cares about me. It is at this time of year that all the food drives are starting up. So that people less fortunate than me can have a good Thanksgiving meal. I am thankful for the opportunity to help them, because someday I might be one of those people. You can never tell what will happen in the future, but it wouldn't hurt to start planning today. I hope that everybody has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: